The California Supreme Court's ruling is tomorrow.
Here's a rundown of all of the activities in San Francisco -- please spread the word far and wide:
ON THE NIGHT PRIOR TO THE RULING:
- 7:00pm to 8:30pm: Interfaith Prayer service at Grace Cathedral (1100 California St). All peaceful loving people are invited to come together for this service, no matter what their position on the court case may be.
THE DAY OF THE RULING:
- 8:30am to 9:15am: Service/Blessing at St. Francis Lutheran Church (152 Church St, across from Safeway).
- 9:15am to 10am: March from Saint Francis to Civic Center Plaza.
- 10:00am to 10:30: California Supreme Court steps (400 McAllister St) Everyone is invited to stand with us on the steps to receive the ruling. If you are a couple that married, or wanted to marry and will speak to media, please email your name, contact information, phone number and story to email@example.com. Please bring your families and allies with you.
- 10:30am: Circle of Care at Civic Center Plaza. If the marriage ban is upheld, a group of Bay Area clergy and congregants will engage in nonviolent civil disobedience immediately after receiving the ruling go to www.onestruggleonefight.org for details.
THE EVENING OF THE RULING - COMMUNITY GATHERING
Emceed by Stuart Gaffney, John Lewis, Lawrence Ellis, Molly McKay and Davina Kotulski
- 5:00pm to 6:00: Pre-March Rally at SF City Hall (speakers include Terry Stewart, Kate Kendall and others)
- 6:00pm to 7:00: March to MLK Memorial at Yerba Buena Gardens (4th
and Mission, next to Metreon). Follow http://twitter.com/stop8dotorg
for live updates from the march.
- 7:00pm to 8:30: Post-March Gathering at Yerba Buena Gardens, (speakers including Rev. Amos Brown , Dolores Huerta music, and next steps)
(We NEED volunteers for SF's Day of Decision. Please email volunteer coordinator Dolores at firstname.lastname@example.org. We need help with peacekeepers, handing out stickers, postcards and chant sheets.)
For more information visit www.marriageequality.org or dayofdecision.org
THE SATURDAY AFTER THE RULING:
- Meet in the Middle for Equality in Fresno:
- Saturday: March from Selma to Fresno, meeting at 6:30am and kicking
off at 7:50am
Buses leave from San Francisco - join your fellow love warriors for a road trip for justice you will always remember!
- Saturday: Rally in Fresno; warmup at noon, kickoff at 1pm