Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Back Pages

I started blogging one year ago on this day. 74 posts, 20 Sunday Sites, a name change and 6 comments later, here we are.

I have changed a lot over the past year, and this blog has been a major catalyst for that as well as evidence of it. Starting off with some minor, poorly-written meditations on The Catcher in the Rye to my recent manifesto on my justification of same-sex marriage, this blog has changed and matured significantly.



This blog made its debut under the name Some Thoughts, but would soon be renamed My Back Pages, after the Dylan song of the same name. The song itself is a manifesto against preaching, a sign that Dylan has changed from his old self. The song would come with great backlash from longtime fans, persevering, Dylan would proceed to become his own, authentic self.

The motto of this blog has always been Question the Answers. That has always been the intention of each of the blog posts I have written here. To question many of society's social norms and irrationally held beliefs.

So thank you for reading. Both those who have joined me for the whole year and those who have just joined. Thank you. This next year will bring new questions and fresher adventures, and will be, generally, more awesome than the last.

Peace
~~~~
Kevin

No comments: